16.5.08

Tungku Beach HDR

Tungku_beach_hdr_1

I rarely do HDR images anymore considering one of the biggest reasons why I was so attracted to photography was because I remember seeing some really awesome HDR images on the net and thought "I want pictures like that too!!". HDR which stands for "High Dynamic Range" is a branch of digital photography that involves blending together 3 or more images with different exposures to get the full dynamic range of tones from shadows to highlights. My favourite piece of software to use to create HDR images has to be Photomatix from HDRsoft.

You can also use the "Merge to HDR" function found in CS2 and above but its a bit more involved and not as intuitive compared to Photomatix.

4 comments:

Alex Mazilu said...

Another perfect one !

jIM said...

haha! I wouldn't call it perfect, Alex but thanks for the kind words no less! :-)

Unknown said...

Uma imagem fantástica.

Um trabalho sublime

Parabéns

jIM said...

Obrigado para as palavras amáveis felizes. Eu parei por seu blogue. Você tem muitos retratos interessantes também.