29.5.08

Urban Decay

Urban_Decay_3

This was one of the pictures that I rejected for the BFF monthly theme challenge. This month the theme was Urban Decay. It was quite a tough theme this month. wiki defines Urban Decay as "a process by which a city, or a part of a city, falls into a state of disrepair" (read more about it here).

Plenty of the other members on the forum had trouble with the theme as well. It was funny hearing stories of how some were scratching their heads trying to find suitable locations and whatnot. In the end however, everyone submitted some really awesome images. Too many in fact..now the problem is choosing which one to vote for! =)

Can't wait for next month's theme!!

3 comments:

Alex Mazilu said...

superb.

what lights are you using?...

lightroom?...

or?..

Out Of Focus said...

Yeah.. I'm curious too.. I love what u did with it..

jIM said...

Alex; OOF,

Thanks. This is actually a 5 exposure HDR. I did the HDR conversion using Photomatix. Played around with the sliders a bit until I got what I was looking for (well, nearly anyway).

Then I did further adjustments in CS3 applying different changes to levels, curves, etc to different parts of the image. Plenty of layer masks in the process, I must say.

Finished of with some burning and dodging to selected parts of the image, resize and finally sharpened using USM.