7.5.07

Another great Sunday...

It was another fine Sunday when I got to meet up with some of the photogs from the bruneiforever forum. It was a who's who of sorts of the lads from the forum. Airbiscuit, souljah, bruneian, nikonian, zul, zadm, reza, anakbrunei and rano were all in attendence for TT @ JC. It was funny to meet zadm since he's been on my msn contact list since 2000 (!) but never actually met till yesterday. Apparently we "met" on-line on a UK counter-strike server way back when we were both studying there. LOL! Counter-strike...

Anyways, what was supposed to be just a TT session turned out to be quite a good day when rano informed us about some go-kart (and scooters) race going on at JP. Sooo...I decided to go down and check it out along with airbiscuit and souljah. I figured karts going round a track would prove more interesting this Sunday since we've been covering softball of the past two weeks already. It was soooo much more difficult than I expected especially in trying to execute decent panned shots! Unfortunately my 70-300mm wasn't quick enough to pull off those types of shots easily, although I did manage to get some acceptable ones. I've posted more of the pics from yesterday here

1/640 sec @ f/8 | ISO 800

1/60sec @ f/22 | ISO 400

1/640sec @ f/5.6 | ISO 500

On a different note, I also got the opportunity to try out airbiscuit's Nikon 105mm VR macro lens. Damn! That's lens is sweet! arrgghh...! Choices! Choices!


1/100sec @ f/14 | ISO 800

1/500sec @ f/11 | ISO 800

6 comments:

airbiscuit said...

*cough* macro *cough* lens *cough*

jIM said...

lol..!

Zadm said...

macro fever syndrome sudah ada ni.

jIM said...

i know! it has the potential to be VERY VERY addictive! hehehehe

SoulJah said...

Iatah, I swear I'm not gonna touch Macro. That'll open another can of NAS worm.

jIM said...

Tell me about it! It's starting to bug me in my dreams now! LOL!