10.4.07

Dream kit...

I was posed an interesting question today at work by a colleague of mine. We were both looking into my camera bag when I was asked "If money weren't an issue, which lens or lenses would I go for." I thought about it for a while and gave the following three as my ideal dream kit...



From left to right: 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor and 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor


I decided on these three based mainly on the subjects that I like shooting the most - landscapes and abstracts. But at over $1500 for each of them (!), its gonna be a long while before I do manage to get them into my bag. Oh well...one can only dream...*sigh*

2 comments:

airbiscuit said...

Amongst the lens you showed here...I would personally go for the Micro 1st.

Its one of the must have lens for me at the moment as to own a Micro lens will open your eyes to a new dimension.

Then it would be the wide angle but I think I will pass on this lens and go for the 17-55 in which IMO must more usefull.

And I'll pass on the 18-200, not worth it IMO but that is just me hehe!

jIM said...

I've read reviews about the 17-55 f/2.8. I guess it would be a useful piece of kit given the aperture. But I think my first purchase would definitely be a macro lens. Reading reviews on macro lenses, the Nikkor comes up on top for sure but surprisingly a close second is the Tamron 90mm Di. Much more affordable (at half the price of the Nikkor!). Im seriously considering it!