19.6.07

An addition to the bag

This lens wasn't initially on my wishlist but after testing out airbiscuit's 85mm f/1.4, I was tempted to get something similar to complement the 50mm f/1.8 already in the kit bag. Ok, so maybe its not the f/1.4 version but early tests suggest that my new Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 can potentially be another one of those lenses that I can have plenty of fun with. I already have the 18-200mm VR which IS part of the wishlist and the one lens that I use for practically 99% of the shots I've taken over the past month. Yes, its THAT good!

Next on the list is the Sigma 10-20mm wide angle (and HOPEFULLY the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR). I can already hear the likes of airbiscuit and souljah screaming at me whilst reading this, egging me to get the VR monster. To be honest, it is in the pipelines. Who knows...I might just turn up one of these Sundays with it. :p

Consequently, since I'm running out of space in my bag, I've got a Nikon Nikkor 18-135mm (with UV filter) and a Nikon 70-300mm up for sale. I'd actually like to keep these excellent lenses but I think it would make better sense to sell them to someone who might actually use them rather than have them become homes for a colony of fungi. So if anyone is interested, e-mail me for further details.


Nikon Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 (image taken from nikonimaging.com)


No comments: